As you work to finish your second papers, please remember to use proper formatting and citations according to APA style. Here are some new resources that will help you to make sure that your in-text citations and reference list are accurately constructed:
Making a Reference List
Also! Don’t work too hard on this second paper; you don’t have enough time to make a perfect paper. Instead, please concentrate on demonstrating a good use of well-integrated evidence for one or two paragraphs. I expect to see a few good examples of paraphrasing, a good thesis statement, evidence that supports the focus of the paper, and evidence that supports the topic sentence of its paragraph.
You guys did a great job this term!
Thanks for all your hard work!
- I gave feedback for each of your presentations; you can read this feedback on each of your presentation pages. Everyone did a great job!
- Please post updates for your Outlines for the 2nd Paper! Use the feedback that your classmate gave you, and use this worksheet to give yourself some feedback.
- Please post your group’s steps for writing a paraphrase here !
- If you guys post additional examples for how to write a paraphrase, I will give you extra credit for each example you add to the page. Do it! It’s great practice! And besides, you need to write some paraphrases for your final paper anyways!
- (I will check your paraphrase writing steps)
After these things above, you only need to work on your final draft of your 2nd paper!
Remember, these papers do not need to be perfect. Focus on choosing good evidence and integrating this evidence into your papers, making sure that each piece of evidence is clearly linked to the focus of your paper, and clearly linked to the topic sentence of its paragraph.
You guys are wonderful !
Please email me a copy of your 2nd Paper Outline!
I will put these up as soon as possible!
Have a great day! Keep working on your 2nd papers!
Check out these great new resources on our Resources Page:
Right now, you should be working on your final, full and complete outlines, using the rough outlines that you made for each of your 3 research questions. You must have your 3 Research Questions posted to this page! You must have your extra sources posted to this page! You must have a final outline finished by Monday evening! If everyone finishes their work on time, our last week will not be so difficult! Check the calendar for due dates! Do your best!
If you have any questions, meet with me!
We will finish our presentations tomorrow and Thursday.
Keep working on our 3 Research Questions, Extra Sources, and Rough Outlines. These are due by Thursday!
Tonight and Tomorrow, please post questions and feedback for your classmates’ presentations.